We care for your wellbeing
INFECTION CONTROL AND STERILIZATION PROTOCOLS
Strict sterilization and infection control guidelines are followed for the wellbeing of our patients and team. Our Dental clinic is ISO 9001:2000 certified and we follow a five-step sterilization protocol that includes:
1. Soaking- Instruments are soaked for 30 minutes in an antimicrobial solution which dissolves all organic matter.
2. Physical scrubbing- Instruments are scrubbed thoroughly using soap and running water to remove all debris.
3. Ultrasonic cleaning- the instruments are soaked in an ultrasonic bath which completely cleans them of any set debris or cement in about 4-5 minutes.
4. Chemical disinfection- instruments are then soaked in a chemical disinfectant for 30 minutes which destroys all bacteria and viruses. Following this, the instruments are packed in sterile individual pouches and sealed.
5. Autoclaving- packed instruments are put in an Autoclave machine to render them completely safe for use. In an Autoclave the instruments are heated to a certain temperature under a specific pressure to make them completely safe for use.
According to the American Dental Association this is the only accepted method to completely sterilize instruments from bacteria, viruses, and spores of all kinds including Hepatitis and HIV.
Disposables are used extensively e.g. mouth masks, gloves, face shields, gowns, shoe covers, head covers, suction tips, applicator tips, mixing pads, rinsing glass, fluoride trays, patient drapes, instrument pouches etc.
We dispose of medical waste responsibly through a certified biowaste agency and try our best to follow sustainable measures. Each room is equipped with an air purifier to give you a clean air experience. We are maintaining good air exchange in all rooms to ensure that the air you breathe is pure.
We are following all SOPs laid down by the IMA, IDA, and ICMR during this COVID Pandemic. Your safety is our priority and we are making sure we limit the number of patients in the clinic by following a strict appointment-based protocol and initial telephone consult. The clinic rooms and surfaces are being disinfected at the beginning of the working day, after every patient, and fogged with a disinfectant at the end of the day.
The doctors, team, and support staff are all wearing PPEs to make your visit to the clinic absolutely safe. You will be requested to wear a disposable gown, head cap, foot cover, mouth mask, and gloves to further make you feel secure.